What are the Objectives of Zafer-In Operation?
• To encourage companies to invest in human resources to be more competitive,
• To increase the adaptability of employers, employees and public officials of Small and Medium Enterprises acting in TR33 Region (Kütahya, Afyonkarahisar, Manisa and Uşak) through capacity building activities,
• To ensure the sustainability of the adaptability developed by promoting lifelong learning,
• To create the Regional Human Resources Development Center (BİGEM) in order to develop the coordination between institutions.
What is Regional Human Resources Development Center
Regional Human Resources Development Center (BIGEM) is a working group created in order to ensure the cooperation between institutions about the human resources development in TR33 Region.
This center will be created in cooperation with Universities, Provincial Directorates of İŞKUR, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Organized Industrial Zones and Trade Unions of the Region, within the body of Zafer development Agency.
The Operation has started with 9 priority sectors;
1) Manufacture of Food Products,
2) Manufacture of Textile Products,
3) Manufacture of Leather and Related Products,
4) Manufacture of Rubber and Plastic Products,
5) Manufacture of Non Metallic Mineral Products,
6) Manufacture of Fabricated Metal Products (except machinery and equipment),
7) Manufacture of Electrical Device,
8) Manufacture of Furniture
At the end of the 20-month Operation, BİGEM will make research to determine other sectors that may affect the development of the Region and will ensure the sustainability of its activities by keeping contact with the stakeholders.
What are the benefits of the Operation?
Zafer Development Agency
• Creation of the Regional Human Resources Development Center (BİGEM),
• Development of the cooperation between stakeholders and creation of a synergy,
• Realization of extensive analyses by determining the roadmap for the prominent sectors of the Region,
• Creation of the innovation ecosystem and humanitarian development infrastructure in the Region.
• Increasing the number of training program delivered by the Continuous Education Centers and developing the training content,
• Ensuring an active role for the lecturers in the regional analysis and policy development processes,
• Supporting Industry and university cooperation,
• Creating a trainer pool within the University for the Future Trainings to be delivered in the Region and meeting the trainer needs preferentially from this pool.
Provincial Directorates of ISKUR
• Development of staff capacity,
• Supporting the Enterprise Labour Force Needs Analysis through surveys, results of analyses and feedbacks,
• Contributing to the determination of training topics.
Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Organized Industrial Zones
• Increasing the access of members to national and international funds through the portal to develop
• Contributing to the strengthening of the institutional structure with the trainings to be delivered to the staff of Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Organized Industrial Zones,
• Contributing to the development of the cooperation between Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Organized Industrial Zones and SMEs and creation of a synergy,
• Ensuring that Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Organized Industrial Zones play an active role for the communication between BIGEM and SMEs.
• Strengthening the communication between employers and employees within the scope of human resources policy,
• Increasing the efficiency of the employees about the development of human resources policies.
Public Institutions, SME Employers, and Employees in TR33 Region
• Increasing the awareness about sector based human resources policies and global economic trends of the employers,
• Ensuring access to funding and cooperation opportunities through the portal to be developed,
• Ensuring access to all the analysis and data about the sectors through portal, using the software to be developped,
• Delivering more than 100,000 hours of training (management trainings, sectoral training, vocational trainings, personal trainings, etc.),
• Delivering consultancy services to 30 SMEs,
• Delivering consultancy services to 30 non-governmental organizations and public institutions through conferences, seminars, etc.
What are the results of Zafer-In Operation?
1- Regional Human Resources Development Center (BIGEM)
• A Labour Force Database will collect labour force data produced by central institutions and institutions of the region in a unique center and will develop a database available for the use of partners and a Regional Labour Force Software that will allow making regional analysis and evaluation using the collected data will be developed.
• Sectoral development and labour force needs analyses will be performed on 9 predominant sectors to be defined for the Region.
• International examples will be studied to make the sectors more competitive at a global level and make BİGEM operate more efficiently.
• Surveys will be implemented for 600 employers and 150 employees in order to determine the opinions of employers and employees about the sectoral situation in the region, labour force gap analyses will be performed and programs will be prepared according to the training needs.
2- Capacity Building Programs
• More than 100.000 hours of training in total (personal training programs, vocational training, management trainings, sectoral training, etc.) will be organized.
• 7000 person x day training to at least 700 SME employees
• 1200 person x day training to at least 600 SME employers
• 2000 person x day training to at least 200 public officials
• 5 days consultancy services will be provided to 30 SMEs selected in the predominant sectors to support capacity building activities
• In order to ensure synergy and collaboration with the relevant stakeholders abroad, 2 international Incubation Center visits will be organized with the participation of the representatives of SMEs developing innovative projects.
3- Awareness Raising and Communication Activities
• Awareness Raising Meetings will be held in province centers and in some districts to be defined with the participation of at least 150 persons, training requests will be collected by providing briefing about the Operation.
• Conferences will be organized in each university of the region
• Events, trainings, operation documents (articles, reports, last updates of the project activities, training materials, etc.) will be published on the operation website (www.zaferin.org.tr). A BİGEM platform will be set up in the website for the collaboration with the stakeholders members of BİGEM, members will be able to communicate with each other via this platform.
• Spot films aiming to raise awareness of the target groups about the advantages and the expected results of the trainings for the adaptability of the employers and employees will be produced.
• Meetings with press will be organized to raise awareness about the activities of the operation.